Select another Area of Practice:
Paying taxes is a primary concern for most individuals, corporations and other business entities. Our tax attorneys offer a broad range of tax and tax-related services to a wide array of clients throughout Florida, the nation, and the world to assist with reducing the tax burden. Whether you are an individual or business, new to Florida or you are a sophisticated multi-national corporation, we stand ready to help you to achieve your objective of minimizing tax payments.
No two clients are alike and before we recommend and implement a particular tax saving strategy, our tax attorneys seek to understand your specific goals and objectives. Once we achieve a sufficient level of understanding, we strive to put together a tailor-made program to achieve the desired goals and objectives. The program is designed to offer advice that will be implemented to minimize tax in compliance with the relevant tax laws. Our services range from relatively simple, straightforward tax strategies to highly complex and creative solutions designed to address a particularly unique situation.
The main focus of our tax practice is carrying out business transactions in the most tax efficient manner. Our tax attorneys also possess in-depth experience in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service on income tax audits. In addition, we commonly deal with state and local tax issues, including sales tax audits, documentary and intangible tax matters, and other taxes affecting business matters.
Many of our tax attorneys are CPAs and have worked in Big 5 accounting firms before joining the Firm. Most also hold Master of Law degrees in Taxation from some of the best law schools in the country. Few law firms in Florida can offer similar capabilities in this diverse and often complex area.
Areas of Law
For both individuals and business entities, we have demonstrated experience in these areas:
In the real estate arena, our tax attorneys have extensive experience structuring tax credit transactions and tax-free, like-kind exchanges of real property.
- Entity selection
- Income tax planning for business transactions
- IRS tax audits
- State and local tax matters
- Sales tax audits
- Documentary and intangible tax matters
- Foreign in bound income tax planning
- Tax exempt organizations
- Mergers and acquisitions
We have orchestrated a variety of debt for debt and stock for debt exchanges in the corporate area.
Examples of additional areas of focus of our tax attorneys include:
- Charitable deduction planning
- Business Entity agreements for acquisitions and syndications, including qualification for business tax credits and providing for allocations of income and/or loss to accomplish the tax objectives of the parties
- Tax controversy work, including representing the client before the IRS
- Structuring and planning for taxable and tax free mergers and reorganizations in the acquisition or divestiture of a business
- Planning and drafting non-qualified deferred compensation agreements, stock option plans and employment agreements for key employees
- Shareholder agreements providing for buy-sell rights, rights of first refusal, maintenance of tax favored status and other related matters
- Tax planning for nonresident aliens and foreign corporations, principally pertaining to minimizing U.S. tax for foreign investors in a U.S. business enterprise
- Representing non-profit corporations with regard to qualifying for tax exemption and complying with the myriad tax rules for operations