Select another Area of Practice:
Everyday, the world grows a little smaller and business becomes more international. Over the past few decades, we have witnessed an unprecedented number of American companies setting up operations overseas and countless foreign companies manufacturing and/or selling their products and services in the United States. With its geographic proximity to Central and South America, Florida has clearly emerged as a major international trade and financial center.
We offer the depth and breadth of legal services necessary for just about any company involved in international trade or finance.
We provide a full range of legal services to both U.S. companies conducting business overseas, as well as foreign companies active in the United States. In particular, our Ft. Lauderdale and Miami offices represent numerous Central and South American companies with business interests in Florida and throughout the nation.
Our attorneys also have impressive language capabilities, with individuals who are fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Russian and Hebrew.
Representation of American Companies Overseas
Certainly, the number of American companies involved in international business has increased dramatically in the past 20 years and will continue for many years. Since our beginning in 1946, Broad and Cassel has represented numerous American clients on a worldwide basis. We routinely represent American companies in these areas:
- Direct and indirect investments in numerous foreign countries
- Capital formation, both in the United States and overseas
- Buying and selling foreign business operations and real estate
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions
- Registration and protection of intellectual property throughout the world
- International tax issues
- Complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution
In addition to our significant experience in international law, our clients also benefit from our extensive network of relationships with preeminent legal counsel in countries across the globe through our membership in Lawyers Associated Worldwide. This network ensures that our clients will receive top quality legal representation throughout the world.
Representation of Foreign Companies Conducting Business in the United States
We also represent a vast array of foreign companies and individuals conducting business in the United States, many of whom are from countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim, assisting with all their legal needs including the following:
- Drafting, preparation and term negotiations of commercial agreements (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Loan agreements and applications
- Collateral and real estate transaction documents
- Shareholder agreements and operating agreements
- Complex Litigation
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Real Estate
- Bank Financing Transactions
- Corporate and Securities
- Government Relations
- Labor and Employment
- White Collar Crime and Civil Defense Matters
Naturally, our international clients enjoy the many benefits of working with one of Florida's largest and most respected law firms, and we hope you will visit other practice group descriptions to learn more about our experience and credentials. In addition, we have a comprehensive immigration practice representing foreign nationals, and U.S. companies that employ foreign nationals.