Mr. Michael D. Lessne is a Partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm's Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights, Commercial Litigation and Health Law Practice Groups.
- Mr. Lessne is a commercial litigator and bankruptcy and creditor’s rights attorney. He provides counsel to businesses and individuals in a broad array of restructuring and insolvency matters, including to debtors, lenders and other creditors, and fiduciaries in complex business and consumer bankruptcy matters, state court assignments, and out-of-court workouts, as well as in state and federal court proceedings involving complex litigation. Mr. Lessne has represented bankruptcy trustees in a variety of matters, including in heath care provider cases and in cases involving fraud and Ponzi schemes.
- A rising star both professionally and civically, Lessne serves as the Broward director for the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida; as an advisory board member for Keiser University’s Legal Studies program; on the board of directors for Deliver the Dream, a nonprofit organization helping families experiencing a serious illness or crisis; as a member of the steering committee for the Ghost Light Society at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (and he was just named co-chair of its annual soiree); as a steering committee member for the Historic Stranahan House Museum’s annual Holiday Hangover (new-year kickoff); and as a committee member for the Turquoise Takeover Task Force for the American Lung Association in Broward County. Lessne is a graduate and past curriculum chair of Leadership Fort Lauderdale and is in the current Leadership Broward class.
- Mr. Lessne previously interned for the Honorable Robert A. Mark in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida and worked for Soneet Kapila, a CPA bankruptcy trustee and forensic accountant.
- He also has experience in the areas of accounting and individual and corporate taxation, having interned at the national tax firm WTAS and the international accounting firm KPMG.
- He has been designated as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine in 2016. He is also the recipient of the University of Miami's Rothschild Entrepreneurship Award and the University of Florida's Fisher School of Accounting Ed Triplett Leadership Award.
- Michael is a CPA licensed in Florida.