Frank P. Terzo
Mr. Frank P. Terzo is a Partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm's Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights and Health Law Practice Groups.
Mr. Terzo is active in various professional and community organizations, including serving on the board of directors for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County; as an adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law; on the Committee on Health Care Insolvency; and as a director for the Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, among others. He also serves on the Bankruptcy Faculty Advisory Board of St. John’s University School of Law, New York, and the Advisory Board of the Annual Alexander L. Paskay Bankruptcy Seminar, Tampa.
- Mr. Terzo's practice is devoted to a wide range of insolvency matters, including representation of corporate and consumer clients in complex workouts, bankruptcies, assignment for the benefit of creditors and receiverships.
- He has also represented creditor's committees and Chapter 11 and 7 trustees. In addition, his practice encompasses both the prosecution and defense of all forms of complex bankruptcy litigation, including preference, fraudulent transfers and complex contested matters.
- Prior to practicing law, Mr. Terzo spent 18 years in the health care industry, successfully starting up, managing and operating various public companies. His experience in health care businesses has provided numerous opportunities to represent trustees and committees in hospital, nursing home, diagnostic center and HMO cases, as well as appointments as Patient Care Ombudsman throughout Florida.
- Because of his past experience in managing public companies and raising both debt and capital offerings, Mr. Terzo has devoted much of his attention in the last several years to representation of both lending institutions and creditors’ committees in all aspects of insolvency and workout matters, particularly in the health care and condominium fields most recently.
- Mr. Terzo is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell, named as a “Super Lawyer” by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, described as a “Top Attorney” in the South Florida Legal Guide, and listed in the Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2016 editions. He is also included in Chambers USA: A Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers in the 2012-2017 editions.
Honors and Awards
Chambers USA: A Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers - Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2012-2017
Named "Top Lawyer" by the South Florida Legal Guide, 2009-2017
Recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America®," 2009 - 2017
"Florida Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine, 2006 - 2017
Achieved AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
- Counsel to Creditors Committee of a medium-sized nonprofit community hospital located in Miami-Dade County
- Counsel to a 300-physician member independent physician association involved in litigation with local Miami-Dade County health maintenance organization
- Representation of same IPA in structuring managed care at risk agreements with national HMOs
- Represented several secured and unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 proceedings of at least six assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities to assist debtor's counsel in developing confirmed plans of reorganization
- Represented both Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees in operating and liquidating diagnostic centers, physician professional associations and various physician practice management companies, including counsel to trustee in liquidation of a multidistrict PPM operating in Miami, New York and Los Angeles
- Appointed by the U.S. Trustee's Office as a patient care ombudsman for a skilled nursing home in Sarasota, Florida
- Committee counsel to multistate upscale restaurant chain
- Committee counsel to a multisite, state-of-the-art diagnostic center located throughout the state of Florida
- "Healthcare Insolvencies," American Bankruptcy Institute, 39th Annual Alexander L. Paskay Memorial Bankruptcy Seminar, Tampa, Florida, March 5-7, 2015
- "Lifestyle Issues in Individual Chapter 11s," American Bankruptcy Institute, 38th Annual Alexander L. Paskay Memorial Bankruptcy Seminar, Tampa, Florida, March 13-15, 2014
Lenders Should Be Wary of Proposed Changes in the Bankruptcy Law That Are Designed to Cure the Home Loan Crisis
South Florida Legal Guide