Jeffrey Suter Esq.
West Palm Beach
Mr. Jeffrey J. Suter is Of Counsel in the West Palm Beach office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm's Corporate and Securities Practice Group.
- Mr. Suter is a corporate attorney who focuses his practice on planning and structuring new business ventures; growth and development of clients’ businesses through mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and other mechanisms; regulatory compliance in new and existing business operations and in connection with mergers and acquisitions; developing and implementing business exit strategies; and the acquisition, disposition, licensing and use of technology, including related intellectual property rights. He also has considerable experience in asset-based and real estate lending and commercial leasing arrangements.
- His experience in business planning and general corporate matters includes: choice of entity planning; the formation, organization, governance and qualification of corporations, general and limited partnerships, and limited liability companies; structuring investments in new and ongoing business enterprises; private capital formation; initial capitalization and recapitalization of business entities; employment and consulting arrangements including confidentiality, “works for hire,” and non-compete agreements; incentive compensation arrangements; and domestic and international license, manufacturing and distribution agreements.
- Mr. Suter has successfully assisted numerous clients in organizing and launching their business endeavors, growing their businesses, and selling or merging their businesses with much larger enterprises, including publicly traded companies.
- Mr. Suter has returned to Broad and Cassel after a lengthy tenure as outside general counsel and business consultant to a privately held European-based medical device research and development concern where he was instrumental in the successful disposition of various cardiovascular medical technologies to leading U.S.-based, multinational medical device manufacturers. Mr. Suter assisted this client with diversification into other industries, including preparation and support of a comprehensive business plan including capital formation for establishment of a timber frame manufacturing and sales enterprise in Western Canada.
- His career includes an association with the corporate and securities department of a multi-specialty, national law firm based in Cleveland, Ohio, where he assisted its South Florida clients in a wide range of complex commercial transactions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- The negotiated merger of a roll-off waste removal company into the subsidiary of a major, publicly traded, waste removal company for stock of the parent company, effected as a tax-free reorganization.
- The acquisition by a publicly traded, Danish corporation of the assets and operations of its U.S. distributor.
- The acquisition of a Florida real estate holding company by a British Virgin Islands corporation from a Danish lending institution financed through a refinance of the holding company’s assets by a U.S. insurance company, with contemporaneous purchase money loans by the Danish lending institution to the real estate holding company and the B.V.I. purchaser.
- The acquisition of a Florida real estate holding company under a plan of reorganization by a British Virgin Islands corporation through the acquisition of the claims of the unsecured creditors of the holding company.
Real Estate Lending
- Counsel to lead lender in the participation of an acquisition and entitlements loan for a 500,000 + sq. ft. (400 + units) residential, 30,000 + sq. ft. commercial, mixed-use development.
- Various SBA, 504 Loan Program loans as counsel to the senior secured lender.
Multi-National Medical Technology Transfers
- The sale of U.S. and foreign rights, including patents, in an angioplasty catheter-based stent delivery system by a Netherlands Antilles corporation to a major, publicly traded, U.S.-based, multinational medical device manufacturer and distributor in the midst of a hostile tender offer for the stock of the manufacturer/distributor.
- The sale of U.S. and foreign rights, including patents, in a hydrodynamic, catheter-based, thrombectomy device by a Liechtenstein corporation to a major, publicly traded, U.S.-based, multinational medical device manufacturer and distributor.
- Municipal and county government procurement procedures and processes.
- Municipal government construction contracts for utility system maintenance, repair and improvements, and hardscape, landscape and other infrastructure improvements.
- Municipal government construction contract dispute resolution.