John Haley P.A.
John Haley is a Partner in the Miami office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm's Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Mr. Haley also serves as Co-Chairperson for the Corporate and Finance Practice Groups.
Mr. Haley is an active member of various professional and community organizations.
- Mr. Haley's practice focuses on a wide variety of international and domestic transactional matters, including project finance, mergers and acquisitions, private and public offerings of debt and equity securities, secured lending, joint ventures, private equity investments and other finance transactions.
- Mr. Haley represents sponsors and financial institutions in connection with infrastructure and project financings and has extensive experience in the transportation industry throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Additionally, he has represented clients in cross-border transactions in Eastern and Western Europe and Asia.
- His capital markets experience includes representing issuers (domestic, foreign and sovereign) and underwriters in both private and public offerings of debt and equity securities.
- Mr. Haley acts for lenders in a wide range of domestic and cross-border lending transactions, with many of the representations involving sovereign and corporate borrowers throughout Central and South America and the Caribbean.
- He also advises clients in all aspects of forming and structuring private equity funds for businesses and real estate ventures.
- Mr. Haley has been recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business among its "Leaders in their Field." In 2012, Legal 500 Latin America recommended him for his Corporate/M&A practice. In 2010, the Daily Business Review named him to its list of "Dealmakers" for his work in a project across three legal jurisdictions to fund a Dominican highway. He was also named a finalist in Daily Business Review's 2016 Most Effective Lawyers: International Law.
Honors and Awards
Named a finalist in Daily Business Review’s 2016 Most Effective Lawyers: International Law
Named to the Legal 500 Latin America in 2012
Included in the Daily Business Review "Dealmakers" section in 2010
Recognized by Chambers USA among its "Leaders in Their Field"
Mr. Haley has represented:
- The leading online auction site in Latin America in its IPO and listing on The Nasdaq Stock Market
- Viação Itapemirim, S.A., the leading operator of interstate passenger bus lines in Brazil, in international offerings of debt securities under Rule 144A and Regulation S
- The underwriter in connection with establishing an SEC-registered shelf prospectus for the offering of sovereign bonds by the Republic of Turkey
- The leading producer of commercial yellow page phone books in the United Kingdom in a high-yield debt offering via Rule 144A that was subsequently exchanged for SEC-registered debt securities
- One of Brazil's major media and telecommunications companies in several of its Eurobond (Rule 144A/Regulation S) offerings of debt securities under Rule 144A and Regulation S
- The issuer in the securitization of trade receivables for a Brazilian wood pulp manufacturer
- The issuer in the securitization of gate and season ticket receivables for a major professional Italian soccer team
- One of the leading steel manufacturers in Brazil, in a US$128 million financing securitizing its trade and export receivables
- The underwriter in the securitization of long-distance termination fee receivables for the Costa Rican telecommunications company
- The underwriter in the securitization of a leading mortgage servicer's right to receive advance receivables under a wide group of mortgage-backed securities transactions
- The leading online auction site in Latin America in its series B, C, D and E rounds of private equity financings
Mergers and Acquisitions
- The leading online auction site in Latin America in its acquisition of TuCarro.com, an online automobile classified advertisement business with operations located in Colombia, Venezuela and Peru
- The leading online auction site in Latin America in its acquisition of DeRemate.com, an online marketplace operator in Argentina
- A major international spirits company in its acquisition of a local whiskey brand in Uruguay
- A leading food packaging manufacturer in Latin America in its acquisition of a leading food packaging manufacturer in Mexico
- The leading wireless telecommunications company in Ecuador in its sale to the leading telecommunications company in Mexico
Project Finance, Infrastructure and Transportation
- A major Spanish power company in connection with the construction of a US$456 million 1,000 MW power plant in Mexico by a major Japanese construction company
- Autopistas del Nordeste, C. por A., in a $160 million Eurobond (Rule 144A/Regulation S) financing for the construction of a toll road in the Dominican Republic
- Boulevard Turístico del Atlántico, C. por A., in a US$90 million secured financing for the construction of a toll road in the Dominican Republic
- An international marine terminal operator in a joint venture for the operation of a marine terminal located at the Port of Miami
- The lender in a financing for the renovation and refurbishment of the Lynden Pindling International Airport located in Nassau, Bahamas
- The leader in the financing of a commercial passenger vessel originally flagged in Italy and then reflagged in the United Mexican States
- A Spanish lender in a syndicated financing for the development and construction of a luxury hotel resort located in Montego Bay, Jamaica
- The lender in a series of sovereign loans to the Government of Belize
- The lender in a series of sovereign loans to the Republic of Suriname
- The lender in several syndicated financings for one of the leading Italian luxury yacht manufacturers with operations in South Florida
- The lender in a syndicated financing relating to a 101.5 MW power generating facility in the southern Dominican Republic
- The sponsors in several generations of a distressed commercial mortgage investment fund
- A New York-based private investment group in the development of a luxury residential community located in Mendoza, Argentina
- The sponsors in a waterfront real estate development project in Surfside, Florida
- A New York-based private equity fund in several export receivables and financings for exporters
2014 International Business Transactions Conference, Florida International Bar Section, Moderator for "Cross-Border Infrastructure Projects" Panel Discussion