Ms. Tara S. Pellegrino is Senior Counsel in the West Palm Beach office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm’s Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, Consumer Financial Services and Appellate Practice Groups.
Ms. Pellegrino is an active member of various professional and community organizations. She is a member of the University of Pennsylvania Secondary Schools Committee and the Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, and volunteers with the Library Foundation for the Mandel Public Library. She previously served as a pro bono Guardian Ad Litem in dependency proceedings for at-risk children.
- Ms. Pellegrino is experienced in complex commercial litigation and arbitration, and has significant experience with breach of contract matters, commercial torts, shareholders’ derivative lawsuits, commercial and residential foreclosures, and landlord-tenant matters.
- She is an experienced federal court practitioner, and has successfully handled contested matters involving the civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations ("RICO") Act, breach of contract actions between international litigants, and jurisdictional contests.
- Ms. Pellegrino is an experienced appellate advocate in the Florida District Courts of Appeal and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Her practice involves the representation of financial institutions and mortgage lenders in connection with actions involving alleged violations of various consumer protection statutes and regulations, including the Truth in Lending Act ("TILA"), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act ("RESPA"), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA").
- As a graduate of The Wharton School and former investment banker, Ms. Pellegrino has a solid background in the banking and securities industries. She previously held the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA") Series 7, 63, and 55 licenses.
- Ms. Pellegrino is an AV Preeminent®-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. She was named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine in 2013-2016. She was also recognized as a "Top Up and Comer" by South Florida Legal Guide in 2017.
- She is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator.