Printer Friendly Biography
Mr. David M. Brickhouse is an Associate in the Tampa office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities, Banking and Institutional Lending, Public Finance and Capital Projects and Commercial Litigation Practice Groups.
- Mr. Brickhouse represents clients from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, and advises on matters ranging from financial and business transactions to complex business disputes. His practice serves clients in a broad range of industries, including investment banking, financial services, transportation and infrastructure, education, software development, utilities, real estate, healthcare, insurance and PEO and employer leasing.
- He is recognized in the Bond Buyer's Red Book for his public finance practice, which includes representing issuers, financial institutions, underwriters and investors in connection with the public and private offering of municipal securities. He was also named an "Up and Comer" by the Tampa Bay Business Journal in 2016.
- Mr. Brickhouse has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel or issuer's counsel on various state and local government financings, including those for the Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority, Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority, Florida Development Finance Corporation and Osceola County.
- He has also served as underwriter's counsel, trustee's counsel, company counsel, developer's counsel, borrower's counsel or bank counsel in a variety of transactions, including financings of toll facilities, educational facilities, water and sewer facilities, manufacturing facilities, charter schools and community redevelopment improvements.
- Mr. Brickhouse has advised on more than $1 billion in public finance transactions.
- Mr. Brickhouse's corporate practice includes advising privately and publicly held clients on various business transactions, matters of corporate governance and day-to-day operating matters. He prepares, reviews and negotiates a wide range of agreements on behalf of corporate clients, including employment agreements, consulting agreements, master service agreements, non-competition, non-disclosure, and non-circumvention agreements, license agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements and asset and stock purchase agreements.
- He also counsels clients on issues of entity selection and business formation.
Mr. Brickhouse is a graduate of Leadership Tampa Bay, and is involved in several community and professional organizations. He currently serves on the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees for the University of Tampa, and is a member of the Steering Committee for the University of Tampa Board of Counselors. He is also active in the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, where he currently serves as a member of the Transportation Committee.
- Mr. Brickhouse's litigation practice focuses primarily on representing clients in complex commercial litigation matters, and has served as the primary associate on more than a dozen multi-million dollar cases. He has also handled litigation involving contract disputes, non-compete enforcement, non-disclosure agreements, corporate governance and shareholder rights, breach of fiduciary duty claims, arbitration disputes, business torts, enforcement of intellectual property rights and general business disputes.
- He has also handled legal matters for a variety of governmental clients, from state and local agencies to law enforcement organizations. He has experience drafting legislation and ordinances, and has also handled matters involving the Public Records Act, the Sunshine Law and the Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees.
- He graduated in the top 10% of his law school class and was a member of Stetson's Moot Court Board, where he was a Semi-Finalist in the 2010 ABA NAAC Las Vegas Regional. Prior to joining Broad and Cassel, Mr. Brickhouse served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Edward LaRose, Second District Court of Appeal of Florida.
Honors and Awards
"Up and Comer" by the Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2016
"Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine, 2015 - 2017
Listed in the Bond Buyer's Municipal Marketplace, a Red Book Directory