Matthew M. Thompson P.A.
Matthew Thompson is a Partner in the Boca Raton Office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Corporate and Securities practice group and advises and collaborates with many other practice groups within the firm on transactional matters, including the Real Estate, Health Law, Banking and Institutional Lending and Estate Planning and Trusts Practice Groups.
- Mr. Thompson represents privately and publicly held clients in connection with joint ventures, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiation, employment-related matters, executive compensation (including equity incentives), private placements, public offerings, SEC and blue sky law compliance, corporate governance, business formation, entity selection, pre-litigation matters and management of litigation counsel.
- He is well versed in the preparation and negotiation of a wide range of agreements, including: partnership agreements, operating agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, supply and distribution agreements, employment and confidentiality agreements, registration statements, prospectuses, offering memoranda, proxy statements, commercial leases, license agreements and legal opinions.
- Mr. Thompson works with senior executives, and acts as primary outside counsel, for clients in a broad range of industries. Clients include real estate developers & operators, advertising and marketing companies, recyclers, pharmacies, hospitals, hospice providers, managed care facilities, financial institutions, building materials companies, shippers, apparel manufacturers, telephone sales companies, golf and country clubs and professional sports franchises.
- Some of his professional highlights include:
- Representation of developers and equity investors in real estate development joint ventures with multiple levels of equity investments, equity financings, senior debt and/or mezzanine debt components, with total development budgets ranging from $20 million to $140 million
- Representation of seller in $26 million stock sale to private equity fund, including rollover equity and earn-out provisions in health care industry
- Representation of seller in $4.5 million asset sale with related technology development and licensing agreements
- Representation of buyer in $6.5 million asset acquisition in health care industry
- Representation of buyer in $95 million portfolio real estate purchase with joint venture partner
- Representation of companies in numerous investments by private equity funds, in either minority or control positions, with investment values ranging from $1 million to $120 million
- Representation of issuer in simultaneous $72 million follow-on stock and $150 million senior subordinated debt public offerings
- Representation of issuer in $18 million and $20 million follow-on public offerings
- Representation of issuer in 5 million Euro private offering (Italy-based project) and related real estate development matters
- Representation of real estate developer in $60 million HUD financing
- Management of periodic filings for publicly traded companies
- Mr. Thompson holds an AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, a testament to the fact that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Honors and Awards
Achieved AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell