Printer Friendly Biography
Accreditations and Certifications:
Jeremy Springhart P.A.
Mr. Jeremy Springhart is a Partner in the Orlando office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm’s Construction Law and Litigation and Commercial Litigation Practice Groups.
- A board certified Construction Law attorney, Mr. Springhart concentrates his practice in the area of construction litigation, including delay damage and construction defect claims, professional negligence claims, claims for unforeseen site conditions and payment disputes.
- He also represents contractors and their sureties in construction defect claims and liability insurance claims.
- Mr. Springhart is an experienced trial attorney, representing clients in federal and state courts. His courtroom experience spans from multiple jury trials to dozens of evidentiary hearings.
- He defends design professionals and contractors in actions pending before the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Prominent examples of his recent work include:
- Routinely defends developers and contractors on large, multi-family construction defect claims, including a $10 million construction defect and design claim arising out of the construction of a high-rise hotel, and a $30 million construction defect claim arising out of the construction of a multi-family housing development.
- Construction delay claim experience ranges from claims to the Department in front of the ASBCA to performance bond claims on federal projects. Representing the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, he prevailed at bench trial, successfully abating federal court claim exceeding $12 million brought against the agency and continues to serve as construction and professional services committee counsel.
- Recent trial verdicts include obtaining a $1 million verdict, at trial, for a large Belgian automobile dealer and obtaining a defense verdict in an administrative proceeding by the Division of Workers Compensation.
- Defended contractor against surety from $1 million payment bond claim extending over alleged defaults on multiple construction projects.
- Commercial and residential lien foreclosure actions, including successfully defending a private owner from numerous defective liens filed after construction of a $7 million residence.
- Mr. Springhart holds an AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, a testament to the fact that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- In 2014-2016, he was named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine and was designated a "Florida Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine in 2017. He was also recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America®" for Construction Law and Litigation in 2017.
- Mr. Springhart began his career as an attorney for the State of Florida, where he prosecuted criminal cases as well as civil actions for violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act and Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act.
Honors and Awards
"Florida Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine, 2017
Recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America®" for Construction Law and Litigation 2017
Designated as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine, 2014 - 2016
Achieved AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell