Ms. Barbara Viota-Sawisch is an Associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm's Appellate, Commercial Litigation and Health Law Practice Groups.
- Experienced in both civil and criminal appeals, she has appeared as counsel before the Florida Supreme Court and the District Courts of Appeal.
- Ms. Viota provided research, drafting, and editing assistance to Lester Perling, the author of the “Medicare Claims Appeals Process Handbook,” a comprehensive handbook for lawyers and health care professionals providing a step-by-step guide to that complex administrative and judicial process.
- She provides valuable litigation support and legal writing and analysis in health care law cases and related white collar criminal investigations.
- Ms. Viota has co-authored numerous published articles in the area of health law, including:
-- New Anti-Fraud Legislation Targets Home Health Agencies in Florida,
Compliance Today (Oct. 2009)
-- New Anti-Fraud Legislation Targets Home Health Agencies,
South Florida Hospital News (Aug. 2009);
-- Whistleblowers Get More Power,
National Law Journal (June 2009);
-- Outpatient Therapy Services: Medicare’s Trap for the Unwary,
Compliance Today (2008)
- Fluent in Spanish, Ms. Viota assists clients and firm lawyers by serving as a translator.