Mr. James J. Wheeler is a Partner in the Boca Raton office of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee and the Real Estate and Banking and Institutional Lending Practice Groups. Mr. Wheeler is also the Chairman of the Firm’s New Partner Committee.
Mr. Wheeler is on the Board of Advisors for Furman University, the Board of Advisors for Pine Crest School, the Vestry for St. Gregory’s Episcopal Church – Boca Raton and is a past board member for the Boys and Girls Club.
- Mr. Wheeler has focused on real estate development, real estate lending and related transactions for more than 25 years. His practice generally includes commercial real estate development and acquisitions as well as commercial real estate financings.
- Mr. Wheeler serves as counsel and has served as general counsel to many lending institutions, including community, regional and national financial institutional lenders.
- Mr. Wheeler has represented one of the two largest hospital companies in the country, as well as medical related real estate developers.
- He was recognized in 2013-2017 by the top legal guide "The Best Lawyers in America," published by Woodward and White.
- Mr. Wheeler is an AV Preeminent®-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, achieving the agency’s highest marks for both competency and ethics