Printer Friendly Biography
Mr. Robert F. Mallett is Of Counsel working in the Orlando and Jacksonville offices of Broad and Cassel. He is a member of the Firm's Real Estate, Eminent Domain and Government Relations Practice Groups.
- Mr. Mallett’s practice focuses on representation of governmental agencies in a wide range of matters including real estate transactions, land-use and zoning issues, condemnation matters, intergovernmental coordination and planning and environmental regulatory and permitting matters.
- He has served as Eminent Domain Counsel for TECO, Peoples Gas System and Seacoast Gas Transmission in connection with its 51-mile natural gas transmission and distribution pipeline project providing clean energy to the JEA Greenland power plant in Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Mallett provides a wide variety of real estate and litigation services to clients, including handling negotiations, documentation and closings of acquisitions, title and survey matters, appraisal analysis, mediations and governmental coordination of right of way, permitting and environmental issues.
- Mr. Mallett also serves as Counsel for the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, which serves more than 30 million passengers annually and assists with all legal issues, including dealings with FAA and various federal, state and local entities handling airport security, land use, zoning and taxation matters.
- In addition, he has served as Right of Way Acquisition Counsel for the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority. In that capacity, Mr. Mallett has coordinated with engineering, land use, appraisal, title and environmental consultants in planning, acquisition and development of several major roadway projects, including the Western Beltway (SR 429), Goldenrod Road Extension, John Land Apopka Expressway, the Wekiva Parkway and Central Florida Greenway/Florida’s Turnpike interchange and SR 408 widening projects. Those projects involved negotiation and acquisition of hundreds of parcels valued at more than $400 million.
- Mr. Mallett has served as counsel to the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority, providing title and survey review and real estate, title and litigation support services for the S.R. 836 Extension Project.
Mr. Mallett is involved in various community and professional organizations.
- He also served as Eminent Domain Counsel for Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s runway expansion project handling various matters including contract, title, environmental and FAA issues.
- Mr. Mallett has represented governmental entities in matters relating to public records law, Government-in-the-Sunshine law, defamation actions and other media relations issues.
- His practice also emphasizes transactional real estate, with extensive experience in commercial leasing, commercial land sales and acquisitions, structuring of private land-use restrictions and property owner associations, documentary and intangible tax issues relating to real estate conveyances and financing, and ad valorem property tax matters.
- Mr. Mallett served as Eminent Domain Counsel for Hillsborough School Board handling utility right of way acquisitions for Strawberry Crest High School project.
- He has served as Counsel to the Orange County School Board on many matters, including many easement and site acquisition and development, land use and zoning, environmental and legislative issues.
- In addition, Mr. Mallett devotes special emphasis to environmental law, particularly the representation of governmental, industrial and commercial clients in avoiding and dealing with contamination cleanup and liability issues.
- He has numerous private developer and landowner clients in relation to right of way and easement acquisition and coordination projects for shopping centers, commercial sites and residential developments.