Printer Friendly Biography
Kathleen L Deutsch P.A.
West Palm Beach
Ms. Kathleen Deutsch is a Partner in the West Palm Beach office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm's Corporate and Securities and International Law Practice Groups.
- Ms. Deutsch served as a law clerk to The Honorable Stanley Marcus, U.S. District Court, and taught legal research and writing and appellate advocacy at the University of Miami School of Law.
- Ms. Deutsch represents a large number of entrepreneurial clients. She has represented a wide variety of both publicly and privately held businesses in mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of securities, joint ventures and general corporate matters. She regularly advises companies on compliance with their reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and corporate governance requirements. She has also served as special counsel to committees of the boards of directors of public companies.
- In 2011, she represented a publicly traded sportswear distributor in simultaneous public debt and equity offerings of over $200 million in the aggregate.
- She represented a publicly traded health care services business in a “going-private” transaction with a private equity buyer for over $40 million.
- She represented a technology company in a reorganization, corporate conversion and private securities offering of over $5 million.
- She represented the Governor’s office of the State of Florida in the negotiation and documentation of the landmark Scripps Florida transaction.
- Ms. Deutsch served as general counsel for a cruise line for six years and represented the line in its public and private securities offerings and domestic and international joint ventures, including the restructuring of an operational joint venture that operates the Semester-at-Sea program, and the establishment of an operational joint venture with a publicly held land-based casino operator.
- Ms. Deutsch is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, achieving the agency’s highest marks for both competency and ethics.
- She was designated a "Florida Super Lawyer" in 2006, 2007 and 2008 by Super Lawyers magazine and is recognized by Chambers USA with respect to Corporate/M&A and Private Equity in Florida.
- Ms. Deutsch has also represented a wide range of companies in other diverse transactions including serving as U.S. securities counsel for an Australian pearling company and representing it in connection with its registration of American Depositary Receipts with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Honors and Awards
Chambers USA: A Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers - Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
"Florida Super Lawyer" in Super Lawyers magazine, 2006 - 2008
Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
Taught legal research and writing and appellate advocacy at the University of Miami School of Law